Pupils will study and complete portfolios on the following units:
1. Diversity and Social Inclusion
2. Democracy and Democratic Participation
3. Human Rights and Social Responsibility
4. Equality and Social Justice
5. Preparation for Work
6. Business in the Community Effective Work Practice
8. Globalisation and the Labour Market
10. Roles and Responsibilities of Parents
11. Healthy Relationships
12. Maintaining Personal Health and Well-being
13. Effective Financial Management
When pupils complete 6 units they will achieve the Award in Preparation in Adult Life.
When pupils complete all 13 units they will achieve the Certificate in Preparation for Adult Life.
On completion of this course pupils will achieve the equivalent of
a GCSE grade C or above.
100% portfolio - no controlled assessment or exams!!!